Ironman Malaysia: Laurel finishes up Stellar 2017 Season
Here's my take on Ironman Malaysia, my 4th iron distance of the year.
Goals: Kona 2018 points and to experience one of the toughest Ironman courses out there.
- First out of the water!
- Serving as an Ironman athlete ambassador and visiting a children's hospital and handing out medals to the IronKids
- meeting triathletes from around the world and connecting with online fans in real life
- Picking up a nasty sinus infection in the race lead-up and completing an Ironman on strong antibiotics (not recommended, but not willing to give in either!)
- Finding the mental strength to carry on when my quads were screaming out in pain.
- Got those Kona points!
- Visiting the beautiful island of Langkawi - it's amazing culture and, of course, food!
- Having the opportunity to represent my sponsors in a large, international event. There were 27 different countries represented.